Pella has a history of sustainability, and we’re passionate about protecting the environment, including locally in Shrewsbury. Whether it’s through our internal business practices or providing energy-saving products, we work hard to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help strengthen the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll experience the benefits in every season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with options based on specific climates. The options below offer our best energy efficiency and protection from the sun and temperatures year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 features insulating double-pane glass with two coats of Low-E thermal protection. This glass also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also offers insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made using three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler during the hottest months. This option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to increase your energy efficiency.
Consult your Shrewsbury Pella Showroom to learn about more insulating glass styles or our recommended glass for the Shrewsbury region.
How Energy Efficient are Your Windows?
You can figure out your energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass provides more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella inserts it between our glass panes to offer increased insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home in the summer and inside the room in the winter; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Innovative Solutions for Shrewsbury Area Home
We’ve engineered features to help our products improve your energy efficiency, including:
- Multiple combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- One-of-a-kind snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to prevent the possibility of seal failure
Find out more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.