Tips and tricks for door replacement
Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a significant role in the aesthetic that guests have when coming into your Shrewsbury home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are prepared to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and call for a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and harmonious, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look one of a kind!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the use of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring a complete look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery near a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can pull attention to certain door details and shift attention away from other unpleasant aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the right accents, your door and home can receive a major makeover.
Accept guests into your home with an attractive doorway and make a lasting first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Shrewsbury, give them a call at (508) 925-7149 or arrange an appointment online to consider all the selections for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.