The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated piece of your home’s windows. They provide you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design wishes, and with the host of styles and colors we carry, you can find a combination to satisfy whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you can swap styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you select, there are multiple color choices to meet
your design expectations.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to provide more energy
efficient selections than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to make it easier to clean the glass.
Now that we’ve read a few positives of window grilles, let’s take a look at the challenges that may come with window grilles.
- While there are a variety of
designs out there, some homeowners feel that a
few grille styles might inhibit their
view of the yard.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that is cleaned, cleaning can be more difficult.
- Replacement windows that tout grilles are usually more costly than those without grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to purchase replacement windows or you’re simply looking for your current home, window grilles may be a great addition to your next set of windows. There are a number of things to consider, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our experts, we’re sure you’ll find precisely what you’re in the market for. Of course, with the number of options available, we suggest dropping by our Shrewsbury showroom, giving us a call at (508) 925-7149 or scheduling an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we carry.