Spring Cleaning: Prepping your Shrewsbury, MA Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – only a couple of things are better than looking out your wood windows on a perfect, warm day in Shrewsbury. And with a small amount of spring-cleaning, those windows will shine, leaving you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or another type, no one enjoys streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind these few cleaning tips when you begin your spring-cleaning:
- While it’s nicer to clean with the sun out, the sun can actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is correctly cleaned, so take advantage of the cloudy day to get your cleaning over with.
- Getting the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see how good it will look.
- Always start from the top when washing your windows. Doing so ensure the drips stay out of the area of your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Use an old towel or paper towel and lay it at the bottom of the window to collect any drips to keep them from settling on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, make certain you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips made their way through, it will help shield the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need a little TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the staff at Pella Windows and Doors can help show proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Drop in to the showroom in Shrewsbury today and check out which products are best for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.