Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
Cooler temps are heading our way in Shrewsbury and when the temperature lowers, the energy costs can often increase. There are a lot of things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful all year long, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Shrewsbury winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can find its way in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella Greenfield team a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to create a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to sneak into your home. Chat with a professional to repair these issues before cold weather arrives in Shrewsbury.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Shrewsbury a call at (508) 925-7149 or visit our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.