Looking for New Windows in Your Shrewsbury, MA Home? Pella has Tips to Help Make the Right Choice
When buying windows for your home improvement or new construction project, you naturally want to choose the best windows for your project and budget. ponder the number of choices, think about these facts:
- Windows can dramatically change the interior and exterior appearance of your Shrewsbury area home.
- Your window choice can make a positive difference in your home’s energy bills.
- The construction of your windows can have a significant impact on the resale value of your Shrewsbury area home if or when you decide to sell.
If you take the time to review the style and function options available, you will be delighted with your purchase and love the pleasure of viewing the outside world through your new windows for years to come.
What areas should you think about when purchasing replacement windows for your Shrewsbury home?
- How will my new windows look? Consider the fact that you’re going to view your replacement windows most often from in the home, not outside of it. Picture things in your mind from inside and study the view carefully; is the color, style and type of window suitable with your home’s interior? Will you be able to easily open the window for cleaning? How does the sunlight appear during the morning and afternoon? And don’t forget to stand outside from several different viewing positions to properly judge if the style of replacement window you are considering complements with the architecture of your Shrewsbury home.
- How much expected energy savings can I expect with these windows? Learn the data relating to your windows that influence their energy efficiency. Items to consider are U-values and Low-E insulating glass with argon windows, and weatherstripping. For instance, U-values identify the insulating value of windows. The best windows have low U-values to help keep out extreme temperatures. Identify ratings of efficiency as you conduct your research to help bring down heating and cooling expenses and receive the most value for your investment.
- Will your new windows operate as you expect them to? Just like purchasing a new automobile, it is important to try out the functionally of any window before you choose one. Does the window open and close smoothly? Will the window be easy to clean? Does the window hardware (or the crank handle) fold away in order to leave window coverings undisturbed? If the window will be an exit from the home during emergency situations in case of fire, be certain it opens easily and supplies an adequately-sized opening.
- How will you install the windows? Installation of your windows is either blended with the overall purchase price or involves an outside contractor. If you are using the services of contractor, it may be smart to inquire about installation price and included services prior to ordering your windows.
- How will you maintain your windows? The weather in the Shrewsbury area can be unpredictable. The appearance of your windows can be impacted negatively by wind, sun, rain and snow. Consider low-maintenance options like aluminum cladding or in-between-the-glass grilles for an easier way of keeping your windows clean and looking great for years.
- What color and hardware options are available? Color selection reflects your style and increases the overall appeal of your Shrewsbury home. Some window producers offer limited exterior color to pick from. Figure out what limitations are in place for the windows you are considering. In addition, there are many window hardware options that should match with other hardware options in your home, such as cabinetry hardware, faucets and other fixtures.
- What is the price? The philosophy ”you get what you pay for” applies to many products, and windows are no exception. The least expensive windows may not be your best buy. Windows are an investment in your property. The type of window you select should be based more on performance than on price.
We encourage you to visit Pella at the Shrewsbury area Showroom to learn more about your choices, or give us a call at (508) 925-7149.