Kitchen Remodeling Dos and Donts
In 2017, kitchen remodeling was one of the most popular home projects and it’s a good way to enhance the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before tearing out the cabinets and pulling up the floors. Follow these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, ask your friends and peers for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Identify your kitchen must-haves—do you want your kitchen to be energy efficient? Have a particular finish or countertop material? Do you want to have high-tech appliances?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your house. What do you want to get out of the space? What do you like to use the kitchen for most frequently? Cooking? Entertaining? Gathering with your family?
- Hang on to all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for a long time.
- Forget to consider the budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are worth the most to you. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can bring together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important parts of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they let light into your space, set the tone for the room and deliver you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors a call at (508) 925-7149, check out our Shrewsbury showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you choose the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.