Fall is upon us in Shrewsbury, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the ideal time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the feel of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a big impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to ponder when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are several ways to produce levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Shrewsbury a call at (508) 925-7149 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!