2016 Home Design Trends
With the cost of renovation and redecoration, it is critical to find timeless looks that show off your style in a realistic way. 2016 is the year to bring back essential top trends for your living space.
- Patterned Pops: Print objects add character solids and
minimalism design. You can use a patterned
couch as a big
statement in a neutral room. If you want something more subtle,
use a patterned curtain over wood windows to create a tasteful
accent. Fabric wall art is also becoming very popular,
another exciting option for pattern inspiration.
- Mismatched and Moveable: If you are feeling burnt out on
the design in your spaces, try rearranging pieces you already have from different rooms around your home.
materials are a huge trend
this year. Match your modern minimalism pieces in a room with rustic wood windows
and floors for a refreshing renovation on a low
- Mid-Century to Millennial: Arcs are on the rise from the past. Add the mid-century
feel using interior design pieces,
like tables and chairs. Feeling brave? Add
arced wood windows to go the extra mile for the eclectic and fun trend.
- Neutral is Now: Creams, greys, blacks, alabasters and ivories are the
trend this year. Keep your home calm and collected with mild
tones of organic
colors. If you think neutral color palletes
are blah, think again. Add some charm
with neutral tiles, pillows or flowers. Painting a wooden window black in an all-white room is also a large
statement this year.
- Optimize and Open: It is the year to eliminate the clutter. An open space is a must to chill and breathe in your home. Whether you are overlooking a city or the countryside, large windows will permit natural light, and less walls will provide you with an open feel to your space. Emphasize minimalism and tech-less areas; instead, filling your space with peaceful pieces.
We can turn the 2016 trends into a reality for your home, tailored to fit your desires perfectly. We can help you coordinate your window and door needs to complement these 2016 trends. Simply contact Pella Windows and Doors at (508) 925-7149 or come to our Shrewsbury showroom to see how we can help implement this year’s trends.